Save the Date - September 11th, 6:00-9:00pm at Champps Minneapolis

There will be a fundraising event on September 11th, from 6:00-9:00pm at the Champps in downtown Minneapolis. There will be a small cover charge, which will all go towards our team fundraising. There will be live music from Max J., and drink specials from Miller Lite and Smirnoff Ice.

Please mark your calendars and join us for this fun happy hour for a great cause!!



Monday, May 12, 2008

Training Day 1

Last week, I decided to make a commitment to walk the Breast Cancer 3 Day in the Twin Cities. My reasons are two-fold: First, I believe in the fight against breast cancer and was personally touched by this last year when my aunt was diagnosed. Second, I am excited to commit to something big - I've never done anything like this before and I seriously need the motivation to get in better shape.

Yesterday was my first day of training for the 3 Day. I started out nice and easy, walking about 4 miles. I have 18 weeks to train for the walk and will quickly be increasing my miles, according to the training schedule.

The walking seems like the easy part. I'm more anxious about the fundraising. But I work for a wonderful company, Griffin International Companies (http://www.griffinintl.com), that will make a commitment to helping with donations. We are trying to build a team of walkers and volunteers for the event. I'm really excited to see how many people will get involved and how much money we can raise!

I am planning on using this blog as a way to track my training and my fundraising progress. This is my first blog experience, so we'll see how it goes!

No comments: