Hi everyone,
Well, we are officially at the 6-week countdown. Over the next 6 weeks, I hope to walk a total of 230 miles (that includes the 60-miles for the actual event). As the event gets closer, I'm getting more excited about the training. I'm also counting down the days when I can actually sleep in on a weekend morning!
This past weekend, I walked 13.5 miles on Saturday, and another 14 on Sunday. So it was a great weekend! Again, the weather was beautiful, which I am so thankful for.
I am also unofficially at 50% of my fundraising goal! (I have two donations that will be mailed in - so they are not "officially" counted on my website yet). Only another $1100 to go - I know I can do it!
Save the Date - September 11th, 6:00-9:00pm at Champps Minneapolis
There will be a fundraising event on September 11th, from 6:00-9:00pm at the Champps in downtown Minneapolis. There will be a small cover charge, which will all go towards our team fundraising. There will be live music from Max J., and drink specials from Miller Lite and Smirnoff Ice.
Please mark your calendars and join us for this fun happy hour for a great cause!!
Please mark your calendars and join us for this fun happy hour for a great cause!!
Monday, August 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
YAY!!!! Good luck! You are doing great and you help me stay motivated too :)
Hi Kelly, Another beautiful weekend for walking. I'll be there if you want me to join you. I have two more donations for you. One from Grandma and the other from Elizabeth. Let's meet for lunch or dinner this week. Love, Mom
Post a Comment